Friday, November 22, 2019

Attitudes of Gratitude

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, we took some time to reflect on what we are most thankful for.

I am most thankful for a good education. Without a good education, I wouldn't get a good job and be able to provide for my future family. To show my gratitude, I try to be the best student that I can be.    - "Champ"

I am most thankful for my family, friends, and teachers. I am thankful for them because they help me learn, have fun and I like them and love them. I show my gratitude by listening to them and playing with them.    - "Rocky"

I am most thankful for my family because they are always there when I need them and because not everyone has a nice family to live with. I show my gratitude for them by respecting them and saying 'please' and 'thank you' when they do something nice for me.    -" Mala"

I am most thankful that I have a family that cares for me and loves me and that like to have fun with me. When they sign me up for a sport, I try my best and practice every day. This is how I show my gratitude.     - "Drain"

I am most thankful for my brother because if he wasn't here, I would be an only child. I don't want to be an only child. I love my brother soooo much and never want him to leave for college. I show my gratitude for him by playing soccer with him inside with our small soccer ball whenever we have free time.     - "Ella"

I am most thankful for my family and their kindness because they are always there for me when I need them and they are caring, honest and thoughtful. I show my gratitude every night before I go to bed by giving them a hug and a kiss and telling them that I love and appreciate them so much.      - "Mango"

I am most thankful for being in this wonderful space called "The Hive" - I love everything about it. I am actually currently planning something for my teachers to show my gratitude, but I'm not going to spoil it. My lips are sealed.     - "Clover"

I am most thankful for my family because they help me get better at math, writing, reading and sports and they send me to this great school. I show my gratitude by doing chores to help my family out.      - "Stinky"

I am most thankful for trees because they provide oxygen for us to breathe. Trees also remind me to stand tall and that I can do anything. When I grow up, I plan to help prevent deforestation. This is how I show my gratitude for trees.      - "Cheese"

I am most thankful for having a home, always enough food, being warm when it is cold outside, and other things - there are too many to count. Some people do not have any of these things and they might be cold or hungry. I show my gratitude by trying my best not to be spoiled if I get a present I do not like. Instead, I try to think about other kids who might not have as much as me. Although it is hard to remember sometimes, I always try my best.      - "Cat"

I am most thankful for my sisters because I look up to them and they help me make good choices. I show my gratitude by caring for them.     - "Fia"

I am most thankful for the good education my teachers give me and I thank my teachers for this all the time.     - "Yo"

I am most thankful for my family and friends. They are the greatest because they care about me. I show my gratitude by caring about them and helping them when they are worried or sad. I love them so much.    - "Kirishi"

I am most thankful for my family, my pets and my friends. I'm thankful because I can't get another family, pet, or friends just like mine. They are always there when I need them. I show my gratitude by hugging my parents before I go to school and saying "I love you" and also kiss my dog and cats before I go to school. I try to be as nice as I can to my friends.     - "Ritzi"

We are thankful for our students who teach us new things every day and because they make us laugh. We are thankful for being challenged every day and for working in a school district that thoughtfully and generously supports all teachers and students. We are thankful for the forty beautiful faces that greet us each morning with a warm smile and a willingness and readiness to learn. Thank you also to the families of "The Hive" who believe in us and support us.  - "Ms. Davis and Mrs. Valzania"

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hive,
    I really enjoyed reading your guest blog posts this week. Each little story is captivating, unique and inspirational. I loved reading about what you are thankful for! Please know that I am thankful for each moment I get to learn with you in The Hive. Go Hive!

    ReplyDelete

We're Banking On It!

  By now, you've probably heard the buzz about our classroom economy. It's certainly been one of the most highlighted learning exper...