Thursday, November 25, 2021

Attitudes of Gratitude

Since 1924, the Macy's Thanksgiving parade has been an annual tradition that kicks off the holiday season. This week, students learned about the history of the parade and how puppeteer, toymaker, creative genius, and Macy's window designer, Tony Sarg, helped shape today's parade. Ask your child to share their learning with you. We thought it would be fun to put together own First Annual Hive Thanksgiving Parade (see video at the bottom). 

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, students took some time to reflect on what they are most thankful for this year. Here's what they had to say. 

I am thankful that some of my family is coming for Thanksgiving this year because seeing someone in person is much better than seeing them on a screen or texting them.    - @Pineapple

I am thankful for all of the things I have and the opportunity to do cool stuff. I am also thankful that we have freedom and we can do what we want. Because we are free, we can travel and go places.    - @Swagger_25

This year, I am thankful for my family because they help me during hard times like when I was moving or when Covid hit.    -@NonCat

I'm thankful for Thanksgiving for bringing my family together. Covid has made it so that we don't see each other often and it makes me happy that my whole family is coming together. I'm also thankful for my grandma taking the time to feed a LOT of us on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving isn't just about the food though, it's really about family.    - @Recycle14

This year, I am most thankful for my great teachers. Over the years, I have had many awesome teachers, but my third and fourth grade teachers have been the best. They're flexible, kind, and helpful. They're always there when I need help and they are willing to find workarounds for my challenges. They also have tons of fun projects, too. This is what I'm most thankful for.   - @Choney

I am thankful for a lot of things, but mostly The Hive and my family. I am thankful for The hive because last year I did homeschool so I was separated from my friends an extra long time so coming to The Hive with all of these kind people is just amazing. I am thankful for my family because during September, my great-grandmother (Grammy as I had called her) passed away, but we were there to support each other. This is what I am thankful for.    - @PickleKitty

I am thankful for my family because they love me and support me in my activities. My family cares a lot and takes the time to help me and do stuff for me. My family is the best family someone could ever have!    - @G-Money

I am thankful for my brother because his is so awesome. I love him so much. I am also thankful for my big sister because she is like a best friend to me. I am thankful for my parents because they help me through a lot, like the time I fractured my ankle and they were there for me. Finally, I am thankful for all of the friends I have.    - @Galaxy

I am thankful for my nice teachers because they help me learning things that have been hard for me.     - @Lonnie

I am thankful this year for my new friend, Haley, because when I met her she was so nice and it is a true friendship. I am also thankful for being in The Hive. I being in it and the teachers are the nicest teachers ever, especially Ms. Mazz who helps me out all the time.     - @Dream

I am most thankful for the new friends I made this year and because of the kindness they have shown. I'm thankful for my family for doing everything they do to help me and that they will always be there for me, even when I grow up. I know that will never change.    - @Flash4

I am thankful for Bloxy and always being there for me, always cracking me up like scrambled eggs. Bloxy is always on my side and I know I can count on him and he can count on me.    - @Venom

This year, I am thankful for my mom getting cats at the end of the season, but I'm also thankful for a lot of other things, like my family, my guinea pigs, my future cats, and The Hive.    - @Horse321

This year, I am most thankful for nature. With nature, we would not have food. Nature plays an important role in our lives.    - @Chickadee

I am thankful for this year and the people that were brought into the world this year, like my baby cousins. I'm also thankful for the wonderful teachers that I have and how it is changing me and who I am friends with. I'm thankful for my family because I am more lucky than I think.   -@EarthySmurf

I'm thankful for my knowledge, books, family, friends, and math. Knowledge helps me understand things better, books keep me entertained, and my family and friends care about me.     - @Lightning24

This year I am grateful to be in The Hive because there are twice as many faces and a bigger change to make more friends. The Hive also gives you a really good change to exhibit self-control and you get to know more about your classmates.    -@Wolverine12

I am most thankful to be in this class, probably because we do fun projects and the teachers make it so fun to do math. Also the people in our class look forward to seeing each other. I am also thankful for my guinea pigs because they calm me down when I am overwhelmed.    -@Ham

I'm thankful for many different things. One of them is friends because without them, I'd be super sad all the time and I'd probably just talk and play with rocks all day instead (I'm a self-proclaimed geologist).     -@M&M

What I'm most thankful for is my family, especially my sister who is always there to catch me when I fall. I'm also thankful for my mom who helps me with everything and for my dad who makes us laugh. I love my family.     -@Strawberry

What I'm thankful for this year is dance because two years ago I was doing dance but it ended because of Covid. I am also thankful to be in a school full-time this year because in past years we were on Zoom and or not in school full-time. I am also thankful for The Hive.     -@Koala333

I am most thankful for my class because it is gigantic, I have really nice friends, and we get to do really fun activities and collaborate with others. Everyone in our class compliments each other and I hope it makes people more confident about their work.    -@Kiwi222

I am thankful for my family. My life would not be complete without them and I would be sad and bored. Also, I really hope that none of them leave me so I can always be happy.     - @TheBeeGuy101

I am most thankful for my awesome teachers and kind classmates. I'm also thankful for having a safe classroom so that I can share my feelings or share something that I just want to get off my chest.     - @Elizabeth_Schuyler

This year, I'm most thankful for my family, friends, freedom and the things we get to have. Why? Because without these, we would be sad and lonely with no family and friends and our country would fall apart.      -@21Savage

I am thankful for my parents because they care for me, they provide me with food and let me do the things that I love. For example, I love to play hockey and they pay for me to play. I am also so, so thankful for all the soldiers out there who fight for our freedom.    -@Cheeto111

I am thankful for a lot of things this year, but especially The Hive. It is a really fun and unique place to learn. In The Hive, we do lots of fun activities and we do it with our friends which makes it even better.    -@WowWriter

I am thankful for not getting really sick while I had Covid and my sister for not getting sick either. I'm also thankful for my family, friends, and teachers.    -@Chessy

I am thankful for my family because they are nice and funny and they help me a lot. I can always go to my sister when I need help with something.    -@Giraffe

I am very thankful for being in The Hive. I would not be having a good year in any other class. I just really love The Hive.    -@Blocky

I am thankful for my parents because they let me do so many fun things, like having friends over or playing all types of games.     -@WaterBottle1

I'm thankful for my friends, Dad, Mom, my dog Cru, and food. I'm thankful for food because not many people have food. I'm thankful for my family because they are SPECIAL. Life is all about spending time with family and without my friends, I wouldn't have anyone to play with.     -@Polly

Launch this link to view our parade:  https://www.wevideo.com/view/2462960567

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Banking On It!

  By now, you've probably heard the buzz about our classroom economy. It's certainly been one of the most highlighted learning exper...